Health is, or should be, the most natural state of being.
Natural Health Treatment should be the first option when we start feeling unwell. The origins of the word are linked with wholeness and healing. It is only by being in a state of complete harmony and wholeness, that you can be truly healthy.
The body is such a complex system, that if one part goes out of sinc, then it affects the whole. That is why in using prescription medicine, it often causes the body to go out of balance, as it treat the symptoms, and not the cause.
Only by applying a Holistic approach to our health, can we keep that balance. There are so many Alternative Health Therapies and Natural Health treatments available, that it is in our power to take control of our own health, and break from the mainstream assumption that we have to go to a doctor for every little ailment we have. Over the past 20 or so years, there has been a move away from allopathic medicine as people discover the side-effects and impersonal approach they have.
Natural plants and Herbs have been used for centuries to great benefit, and it is only over the past century or so that people have moved away from it because of the advertising done by huge Pharmaceutical corporations, and by the suppression of Natural Medicine by these corporations.
Below are listed some of the Alternative Health Methods available today.
- Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils in treatments ranging from massage to using a few drops in the bath.
- The use of pure essential oils dates back many centuries. The process of distillation of oils was first discovered around a thousand years ago by the Arabic countries, and since then has spread around the world. Much modern research is being done, especilly in France, and is applied for perfumery, medicinal use and also as anti-infective agents.
- Essential oils are highly concentrated substances, for instance pure oil of Rose may require 5,000 roses just to make 5ml of oil! That is why essential oils should be treated with respect and used sparingly. in large doses some essential oils can be irratating to the skin, and a few are quite toxic if not used correctly. One should therefore do some research, or speak to a qualified Aromatherapist if you are unsure about the use of a spesific essential oil.
- I can recommend some books if you are interested about learning more about Aromatherapy. It will really be worth your while to study the benefits of Aromatherapy, and is ideal for using as a Natural Health Treatment at home.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Aromatherapy & Infectious Diseases
Would you like to learn how to treat infectious diseases naturally at home, using Aromatherapy?
If so, claim your FREE Copy HERE
- The history of Herbalism is closely tied to the history of medicine from prehistoric times, and is the most widespread of all medicines across the world. Throughout the ages herbal medicine has been used by all cultures as the main system of treating disease. It was probably first used in India, from where it spread to China, the Middle East and further. The Ancient Egyptian and Graeco-Roman medicine has a lot of similarities to the original Ayur-Vedic system form India.Modern research being carried out today confirms the centuries-old knowled of our forefathers.
- Herbs remain the most popular method of self-medication. The best way to make use of herbs for minor complaints, is to make a tea. It can also be used to make an infusion or decoction. These infusions or decoctions can also be used to make a poultice or compress.
- It is so easy to grow your own herbs in your garden, or even in planters on a balcony or windowsil. That way you will always have nice fresh herbs available to use in your food, or as medicine.
- I have included some great books in the library if you want to learn more about Herbal Medicine
- Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine developed by Samuel Hahnemann in 1796 based on his doctrine of like cures like, a claim that a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people would cure similar symptoms in sick people. Homeopathy is a complex system, and there are a lot of people who firmly believe in the benefit of using homeopathic medicine. There are however also a lot of scepticism from the medical profession, and in some countries it has even be blacklisted as a forbidden prscription item.
- I would recommend that if you are interested in Homeopathy as a natural remedy, that you should visit a qualified practitioner to prescribe the correct medication. You can also do your own research, as there are many books available on the subject.
- The term “Naturopathy” was created from the Latin word natura (birth) and “pathos”, (the Greek root for suffering).
- Naturopaths claim the ancient Greek “Father of Medicine” Hippocrates, as the first advocate of naturopathic medicine, before the term was coined. Naturopothy has its roots in the 19th century Natural Cure Movement of Europe.
- The ideology and methods of naturopathy are based on vitalism and folk medicine, rather than evidence based medicine. It is really common sense applied to health. Our bodies are naturally created with innate healing abilities and our system will always attempt to overcome illness and restore balance. Through factors such as diet, excersise, relaxation and fresh air, we can encourage our bodies to heal itself. The general outlook of Naturpathy is to shift responsibility of health back to ourselves as far as possible, and to focus on prevention rather than cure.
- Admittedly, nowadays it is much more difficult to attain optimal health, as factors of our modern living conditions such as pollution, stress, and quality of food make it much harder to keep your body healthy. Nevertheless, we can do a lot through selp-help action, if we commit to leading a more healthy life. Although most of the food available in shops nowadays are so over processed, and contains cheicals and pesticides, which do not contribute to health, we can do our best to make changes to the way we shop and consume food. There are healthier alternative, like organic food available, and we should all start growing our own herbs and vegetables, even if we have limited space available.
- There are ways of improving our quality of life, by exercising, correct posture and breathing, not smoking or excessive drinking, you can really make a difference. There are also ways of using water therapy as an aid to health. Using hot and cold compresses, or hot and cold baths, have been used for centuries around the world. Hydrotherapy is a very useful aid in Naturopathy, and Hydrotherapy Treatment had a major revival in Europe in the 19th century. There are many different hydrotherapy treatments available in health spas.
There are so many options available in the Alternative Health and Natural Health Treatment fields, and so much information available, that we owe it to ourselves, to start taking care of our own health, and not just always leave it up to the medical profession to sort out our health problems for us.
I have learn through the years, that we really do possess the power inside ourselves, to heal our own bodies. If we listen to our bodies, we can normally detect that there is something wrong even before it really gets to a point where you need to consult a doctor. So my advice is that you read as many books on Natural Health and Healing as possible, and start looking after your own body.
I have outlined the Basic Alternative Health Methods available to you, namely Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Homeopathy and Naturopathy. Do some research on these methods and apply what you find in each that resonates with you, so that you can lead a perfectly balanced, healthy and happy life.
I hope that you have found this article useful and informative, and I hope that you will follow my Blog Post to learn more about Healing Yourself Naturally.
Have the Best Life you can have!