When you are looking for the best diet to lose weight fast, and keep it off permanently, then you should learn how to follow a more natural and healthy way of eating. You can lose that extra weight without adhering to a starvation regime by applying the suggested principles.
When you are eating the right types of food, then you don’t have to starve, as you can eat as much as you like of the healthy foods suggested. By simply making the right choices, you can lose the extra kilograms and keep it off permanently. You will also feel much healthier, and see the difference in your appearance.
Starvation diets never work, because as soon as food energy intake, or kilojoules is limited, the body starts losing glycogen (storage carbohydrate) from the liver, together with a few kilograms of water. This does lead to rapid weight loss initially, but after a while, when glycogen levels has been depleted, the body starts using protein from your muscles for energy, so you start to lose muscle. Only after persisting with the diet for a considerable amount of time, will you start losing fat, but you would have already lost a considerable amount of muscle.
This is the opposite of what you should aim for, which is losing fat while retaining muscle. If eventually you revert to your old eating habits, which is normally what happens after following a starvation diet, then you quickly pile on the fat, but have lost muscle mass.
The problem too with these starvation diets, is that the human body is programmed to preserve energy in periods of hunger or famine. The body does this by lowering thyroid activity which in turn lowers the basic metabolic rate. If you try to lose weight by reducing your intake of energy, your body will fight you all the way!
People who are seriously overweight, will have to make drastic lifestyle changes, but for the millions who are not seriously overweight, and is prepared to lose the weight a bit slower, and keep it off permanently, I have good news. By applying these principles simultaneously, you will lose the weight, and keep it off:
Adhere to a nutritionally balanced, low fat diet. See my Juice Detox Diet that gives you the basics, and a guideline of the foods which you should eat. It will also kick start your weight loss regime.
Use a slow-release multivitamin and mineral supplement which contains, among other ingredients, Zink, Chromium, Magnesium, Copper, Selenium, Iodide, and Niacin. Taking a Kelp supplement is also good.
Blood Sugar Levels:
Avoid high blood sugar levels by eating 5 smaller meals instead of 3. Use a mineralised fibre supplement as a snack between meals, or eat a fruit if you need to instead of eating fattening junk food.
Meal Replacement Formula:
You should replace one meal per day with a good meal replacement formula that contain adequate quantities of minerals and vitamins and has a low fat content. This is ideal for people who work away from home, as it is easy to have this at work for lunch, and you won’t be tempted to buy junk food from the corner cafe. Do not replace more than one meal a day with this meal replacement formula, and make sure your other meals are well-balanced.
At least 5 to 6 times per week, take a brisk walk or jog for 30 – 60 minutes, or another aerobic exercise that you enjoy.
Steps To Losing Weight Without Starving:
- Before you start a slimming program, consult your doctor, to evaluate your lean body mass, frame type and degree of obesity before your start, so that you can monitor your progress.
- Do not restrict your kilojoule intake by more than 10%. By eating the right types of food, like lots of fresh, raw vegetables and fruit, and lean protein, you can lose weight without starving. Eat mostly fish and chicken, and only low fat red meats every second day. Do not eat fried foods, sauces and gravy. You can also eat whole wheat bread, brown rice and unrefined cereals that do not contain sugar.
- Cut out sugar or refined foods like cakes, sweets, cookies and cold drinks.
- Stabilise your blood sugar by taking a supplement containing Chromium, and by eating a slow release, complex carbohydrate every 2 hours. Apples, pears, carrots and popcorn is good. Other fruit which release glucose faster is not suitable. Fruit like peaches, plums, bananas and apricots are not suitable, and should especially not be eaten in the morning, when your blood sugar has not stabilised.
- Use a suitable meal replacement formula when you are away from home to avoid eating junk food.
- Avoid all saturated fats as much as possible. Butter, lard. Margarine, hard cheese, fatty meat, gravies and sauces. Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead. This is a good alternative as it contains essential fatty acids, which is needed to keep our body healthy. Olive oil is high in monounsaturated and low in polyunsaturated fats.
- Make sure you don’t suffer from any nutrient deficiency, as this causes food craving, which lead to obesity. Take a good quality multi vitamin tablet daily, to make sure you get all the nutrients your body needs.
- Never eat junk food.
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily. This helps to flush out toxins, and also makes you feel full. Drink a glass of water half an hour before meals, which will help to curb your appetite.
Here are the basics for a healthy diet, that will let you lose unwanted body fat while retaining muscle mass.
Include 1 protein source per day:
- Meat: Chicken, beef, lamb, pork, venison
- Fish and Seafood: Salmon, tuna, trout, prawns etc.
- Legumes: Beans, lentils etc.
Include Low-carb vegetables daily:
4 – 6 servings of these low-carb vegetables.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Swiss Chard
- Bell Peppers
- Green beans
2 – 3 Different Fruits Daily
Choose from any of these fruits:
- Paw-paw (1 slice)
- Watermelon (1 slice)
- Pineapple (1 ring)
- Grapes (1 cup)
- Strawberries (1 cup)
- Kiwi fruit
- Melon (half)
1 Complex Carbohydrate Daily
Choose 1 of these daily:
- Wholewheat Bread (2 slices)
- Brown Rice
- Sweet Potato
- Potato (not too often)
You can also drink vegetable juices between meals when you feel hungry, and replace 1 meal daily with a good Meal Replacement Formula.
If you need some extra help in losing weight, then try this Natural Pure Hemp CBD Weight Loss Oral Spray.
You can read about all the benefits of this product on my post: How CBD Oil Can Assist In Weight Loss
If you follow this plan, then you should lose weight and keep it off. Don’t be impatient, as the best way to lose weight permanently is by following a healthy meal plan, and doing some physical exercise. I hope that this has inspired you to start living the healthy, positive life that you are supposed to live.
If you have any questions, or would like to receive some great, low-carb recipes, then please comment below.