I know that it is a constant battle as one gets older to keep looking your best, fighting the pull of gravity that makes everything seem to go downward! The good news is, that by following some Natural Anti-Aging Tips, you can learn how to look 20 years younger naturally.
Living a Natural Healthy Lifestyle is easy to achieve when you learn how to adapt your way of eating, and following a few simple steps every day to achieve this.
Although it is difficult in this day and age as we are bombarded with all the unhealthy foods, pollution and stress that the modern lifestyle brings, if we are conscious of the results that this has on our health, we can change it.
By educating oneself, and looking at alternative ways of keeping yourself fit and healthy, you can reverse the signs of aging and start looking the best you can for your age.
Natural Ways To Get Some Exercise
There are a lot of people who go to a Gym, as it is a great option if you are working full time, and only have an hour or 2 before or after work to get some exercise. I did it when I was younger, and enjoyed it. But nothing beats getting out into the fresh air and sunshine, for a really natural workout. There are several things one can do to get some really natural exercise outdoors.
- Taking your dogs for a walk. It is always a great way of getting some nice healthy exercise out at the beach or on a walking trial when you have dogs. They enjoy it tremendously, and they force you to keep up with them! Even better when you are throwing a ball or something for them to run after. Gives you a great workout. If you don’t have a dog of your own, then ask the neighbours if you can walk their dogs, I am sure both the neighbour and the dogs will be grateful.
- Leave your car at home and walk to the shops. If you are not too far away from the shops, don’t just hop into the car and drive there. Take a nice walk there, and carrying the parcels back home will also give you some extra workout.
- Go for a hike in the mountains. There is nothing that invigorates one more than being in nature. Walking amongst the trees, and drinking fresh mountain water from the streams, is just such a natural remedy for de-stressing, and feeling alive and young! It is really great workout to go clambering up rocks and walking uphill. Really gets the ticker pumping!
- Swimming. This is still one of the best forms of exercise out there! I just love the water, and swimming in the sea is just the best feeling. It really moves all the muscles in the body, and puts no strain on your knees or ankles. The added benefit of the ozone that you inhale, and the salt water must surely be one of the best anti aging ways to keep fit. If you don’t live at the sea, you can off course do your swimming in a pool, just make sure to do a couple of laps every day.
Nothing is more important to our health and well-being than water. The human body is made up of more than 60% water, and it needs to be kept in balance, otherwise you can suffer very quickly from dehydration if you lose as little as 2% of your body’s water content. There are a lot of people who drink the minimum of water, and think that drinking things like fizzy drink make up for it. The truth is that there is nothing better than just pure, natural water.
- Drink at least 2 Liters of water per day. Just get into the habit of always having a glass of water next to you at home, or if you are driving, keep a bottle of water handy, and drink it even if you are not really thirsty. You only start getting thirsty if you are already starting to dehydrate, so just keep you body filled up.
- Tap water is filled with chemicals, so even if it is safe to drink, either filter it or buy spring water.
- Keep hydrated as it also has an effect on your brain function even if you get slightly dehydrated. It can have an effect on your mood and concentration. Drinking water can also help alleviate a headache due to dehydration.
- Drinking water helps to keep your skin look years younger. Your skin is made up off cells, that needs to be kept hydrated to look plump and healthy. You will be amazed at the difference it makes to your skin if you drink enough water every day. It will look more smooth with less wrinkles. It also helps to keep your skin hydrated on the outside by applying a good hydrating moisturizer to your skin right after your bath or shower as it will be better absorbed.
Eat Fresh Organic Fruit And Vegetables
It might not always be easy to get hold of Organic fruit and Vegetables, depending on where you live, but in every area there is normally a farmers market where you can find fresh produce. Make a point of searching for one. If it is not available, then buy the freshest fruit and vegetables you can find from your Greengrocer.
- Make lovely salads incorporating fresh greens, fruit, nuts and seeds. also use a lot of Extra-virgin olive oil on your salads, as it contains the essential fatty acids that is important for our health. There is such a lot that you can do with salads if you use your imagination. Look for inspiring recipes and try them out.
- Start your own Herb Garden. There is nothing nicer than being able to harvest fresh herbs from the garden, or even your windowsill, and using them in your cooking. It just ads a wonderful flavour to food, and is very beneficial to your health.
- Make meals without meat. Try to cook a meal at least once or twice a week without meat. Use ingredients like lentils, beans, chickpeas and pulses to replace the protein, and get creative. There are a lot of delicious vegetarian meals you can make, and you won’t even miss the meat.
- Plant your own vegetable garden. Not only will you have the health benefit of freshly picked vegetables, with all the goodness, you will also enjoy the activity, which is really relaxing.
Look After Your Skin
Some people are blessed with good skin through genetics, but we can all make the best of our skins by adhering to some basic skin care routines. Nutrition also plays a role in keeping your skin looking young and healthy, so make sure to eat lots of fruit and vegetables, and take antioxidant supplements.
- Do not wash your face with soap. Normal soap strips your skin of the natural oils in your skin. Use a suitable, natural cleanser for your face.
- Always apply a Natural Moisturizer to your skin every day. There are a lot of wonderful Natural Moisturizers available that does not contain harmful ingredients. Do some research before you buy a product to make sure it contains natural ingredients.
- Use a Natural Facial scrub once a week. It will remove the dead skin cells, and give your skin a natural glow. Make sure to purchase a Natural product, that does not contain Micro-beads, but rather something like ground apricot granules as something similar.
- Use a face mask once a week. You can either make your own home made facial mask, or buy a good Natural Face Mask. A face mask will help to rejuvenate and tighten the skin, and refine the pores.
Laugh, Relax and Keep Your Mind Active
The most important aspect of looking younger than your years, is to to have a positive outlook on life. Spend time with your friends and family, and just have fun! Always be grateful for what you have, and enjoy the simple things in life.
Keep on learning. To keep your mind active and healthy, you have to keep on stimulating your mind. Read informational books or learn something new. The mind is the same as your muscles, if you do not keep on exercising it regularly, it will atrophy.
Relax, and don’t take life too seriously. It is difficult in this day and age too keep positive, with all the bad news and negative things we are bombarded with every day on television and the news. We have to realize that there will always be bad and negative things in life, but there are always positive things too. Look for the positive things, as the saying goes, you can either see the glass as half empty, or half full. It is your choice.