Blenders are really such an essential item to have in your kitchen, and we have searched for the best blenders of 2018 to help you compare and decide which one will suit your budget, and serve you best. Blenders can be used for so many things, like making smoothies, cocktails, soups and frozen fruit drinks.
Smoothies is a great way of ensuring that you get your daily health boost of fruit and vegetables, and adding some Superfood Powder to your drink, can help you to really boost your daily intake of health giving ingredients. Get creative with mixing various fruits and vegetables, and replace one meal a day, to lose weight, or drink between meals to give you more energy to get through the day.
We have compared all the reviews and tests for these blenders, to find the absolute top blenders of 2018.
1. Vitamix 7500 Low-Profile Blender, Professional Grade
This blender, although in the higher price range, seems to be the ultimate in luxury blenders. It can be used professionally as well as in the home kitchen. It has a 7-year warranty, which to me is a sign that the company believes in the quality of their product. This blender can handle anything and breaks down leaves, pips and seeds to make velvety smoothies, with no solid pieces left behind. Because it breaks down the fruit and vegetables so finely, it aids in the nutrient assimilation, which is a great bonus for your health.
You will also be saving time, by not having to spend hours in preparing the fruit and veggies, as this machine is powerful enough to handle bigger pieces.
- VARIABLE SPEED CONTROLS: 10 Variable speeds allows you to refine every texture to your liking, from the smoothest purees to the heartiest soups.
- LOW PROFILE 64 OUNCE CONTAINER: Fits perfectly under most kitchen counter tops, which makes it perfect for family meals and entertaining.
- HARDENED, STAINLESS-STEEL BLADES: Aircraft-grade, stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredient, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results.
- HOTS SOUPS WITHOUT A STOVE; I think this is an amazing feature, as it allows you to make a steaming hot soup without a stove, in under 10 minutes!
- MIX BATTERS AND DOUGH: You can quickly and easily mix batters for pancakes, waffles and muffins, and also knead thick bread and pizza dough.
- SELF-CLEANING; With a drop of dish soap and warm water, this machine can clean itself in 30 – 60 seconds.
- PRICE: This machine does fall into the higher price bracket, which might make it out of reach for most people. The fact that you have a 7-year warranty, guarantees that you will have a product you don’t have to replace soon, which makes it worth the money in the long run.
- The 7500 Low-Profile Blender is more suitable for larger batches, so if you want to make smaller batches, you will have to purchase and additional container.
2. Ninja Chef Countertop Blender
This blender really delivers value for money. It is considerably cheaper than the Vitamix, but according to reviews it is just as powerful. The only negative is that it is quite noisy, so if you don’t mind putting your ear muffs on while doing it, it is worth buying. It has a powerful 1500-Watt Auto iQ base, with 10 speeds, and 10 preset setting to simplify your life. It has suction feet, which helps to keep the blender in place, and not go flying of the counter.
This one is definitely worth considering if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a blender, but still want a good, strong machine that will give you super smooth purees and smoothies. Coming with a 3-year warranty, which is quite good.
- Price. You are getting a very powerful machine for the price, with a 1500-Watt motor system with next generation blades which will power through tough ingredients without getting bogged down.
- 10 Pre-set Auto iQ programs which is designed to take the guesswork out of preparing delicious meals and drinks.
- 10 Manuel mode speeds with variable speed control.
- Easily clean your pitcher with a touch of the button. You just run the Clean Program with some hot water and dish soap, and it does the cleaning for you.
- Attachments are BPA free and dishwasher safe.
- Milling Function. For people who want to grind their own wheat, this machine can do that very effectively.
- Noisy. It is quite noisy, but because it is so powerful, it gets the job done very quickly, so you don’t have to endure it for too long.
- No Spout on pitcher. This is a bit of a downside, as sometimes frozen drinks will “dump” when pouring
3. Blendtec Designer Series Blender
The Blendtec is a very well-designed and powerful machine. It has a patented, five sided jar that automatically pulls in the ingredients towards the blade, so you don’t need a tamper or plunger to get the ingredients going. It is a commercial grade, sleek and slim blender, which fits under any counter. Coming with six pre-programmed cycles, so you can set it to make dips and batters, smoothies, soups, crushed ice, juices, and ice creams.
This machine compares very well with the Vitamix, and is cheaper. It has stainless steel blunt blades, which never need sharpening, and won’t cut your fingers accidentally. The downside is that it takes a bit of a learning curve than the Vitamix, but if you are prepared to do that to save money, it is perfect.
- Direct Drive Power. This precision made machine offers lower vibration, reduced noise and reliability.
- 8 Year Comprehensive warranty.
- Durable. The ultra-hard stainless steel blades are cold-forged and tuned for heavy use, allowing them to be stronger and resist corrosion.
- Powerful Motor. This assures you of easier blending of more stubborn ingredients.
- Keeps cool. The blender housing creates the most efficient, effective airflow possible.
- Beautiful design. Every Blendtec jar fits over a snugly over the square blending platform, creating a large stable base which prevents the jar from moving or rotating. You can also mix and match different Blendtec jars with Blendtec consumer blenders.
- Learning Curve. It takes a while to figure out how to use it properly.
KitcenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender.
If you are looking for a slightly more budget blender, but still want quality and something that works well, then the KithenAid is the best option. This KitchenAid is lightweight, easy to clean, and does a perfect job of making smoothies in ultra quick time. It has an ample 60 oz BPA-free pitcher, which is easy to clean. The Intelli-Speed Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all ingredients. If you are looking for a good, reasonably priced blender, then this one really seems to be the best choice according to reviews.
- Diamond Blending System. The diamond blending system ensures that all ingredients blend together quickly and efficiently.
- Intelli-Speed Motor Control. The Intelli-Speed Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all ingredients.
- 5-Speeds. Stir, chops, mix, puree or liquefy. Also, crushes ice with pulse feature.
- Soft Start Feature. With the slower starting feature, it first pulls ingredients into blade before speeding up.
- Only 5 Year Limited Warranty.
- Not as powerful as the more expensive options.
Doing all the research and reading client’s comments and reviews, it seems that you always get what you are paying for. If you take into consideration that a more expensive product should be better quality, and if they have a longer guarantee period, then it just makes sense to save up and rather purchase a good product.
Our personal favourite is definitely the Vitamix 7500, as you really are getting a very powerful and great blender, which will save you a lot of frustration, and money in the long run. If however you really do not wish to spend such a lot of money on a blender, if you don’t use it every day, then the KitchenAid is worth considering.
some great smoothie recipes, take a look HERE